Sunday, August 23, 2015

Caregiving-


Generational Cooking



About the Book
Generational Cooking is not a cookbook or a story about cooking but a highly personal account from the point of view of a caregiver and how she has lived her life. It is a play on words, so to speak. Though the caregiver does make meals and serve them to the ones she cares for, all along, the caregiver is evolving through her life and theirs. The caregiver recollects childhood memories as an adult and relives them through the eyes of the loved ones with whom she made those same memories. It is the hope of the author that those who read may realize they are not alone. There are many of us out there with the same struggles and insecurities. Rest assured, there are many people and organizations to help you along the way. I believe that, even though going home again may present many obstacles and challenges, you can indeed go home again. Melrose will always be my home. It will be the home of those who have lived and died here. It is the home in my most cherished memories. It is home forever.
It is a lot of fun to read a book where you recognize the town!
This is a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.
I am a caregiver working at home so I really appreciate Linda's book. I am looking forward to finishing the book. Thanks Vickie for leading me the book!

I was surprised by the book. I was expecting stories of people. This author took care of the grandparents, the mother-in-law and  her parents! amazing!  
She gives you a lot to think about and appreciate!

I am lucky. I am able to take care of Dad and keep him out of the nursing home. I have a home based business which keeps me in touch with people so it is easier to keep from being bored and depressed.


here is the address of my business. Enjoy

cheerfulbiz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment